Monday, August 22, 2011

Queeny Park, Ballwin


Location:
550 Weidman Rd. and 1675 S. Mason Rd (enter on Weidman for the playground)
Saint Louis, MO 63131

Amenities: fishing, trails, tennis courts, playground, seasonal indoor ice rink (October to February)

Website: http://www.stlouisco.com/ParksandRecreation/ParkPages/Queeny

Playground ground cover: pea gravel, poured rubber on newer slides

Queeny Park has one of the most unique playgrounds in the St. Louis area. The playground offers "mountains" to climb, tunnels, and slides, (no swings though) and is good for school-aged children. The ground cover is pea gravel so remember to wear tennis shoes and not sandals or flip flops. There isn't much for toddlers to play on, and it's hard for them to walk thru the gravel ground cover (mine kept stopping ever 3 or 4 steps to pick up some gravel and try to eat it. sigh.)



















1 comment:

  1. This is such a great park! My grandma used to take my cousins and I here all the time. I am now 21 and take my little cousin here. He loves it just as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete