Location: 5025 Pattison Ave, St. Louis MO 63110
From the website, "Fulfill a childhood dream and visit the Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Company factory, candy kitchen and world headquarters! The Abel Family opened their new plant in 2012 and offers FREE factory tours 6-days-a-week! We will take you down onto the factory floor so you can see, hear, smell and taste chocolates right in front of your eyes! We will show you our candy kitchen and chocolate enrobers - so you can watch our candy makers hand make chocolates right in front of your eyes! Our Chocolate factory is becoming a popular St. Louis tourist destination, with over 50,000 visitors each year!"
|Mon||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tue||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wed||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thu||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Fri||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Sat||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
To be honest it's not very exciting. When you arrive you come in through their retail store where they sell all their chocolate goodies which are delish but not cheap. They also have a clearance area of marked down chocolate so you might find something there as well. You tell someone behind the counter you're there for the tour (they recommend reservations) and wait. They'll give you the tour hat and go over the rules with you. The first time I went my kids were younger and they didn't like wearing the hat at all, but it's required.
Then they'll take you into the factory. It's just this area. The entire tour lasts about 5-10 minutes. They'll talk about how they make the chocolate and what they make. Most of the kids didn't want to listen and wanted to run around which they didn't like. At the end they give you free chocolate. It's usually a misshapen piece or a variety that isn't selling, but it's still yummy!
Kids can pretend to stir chocolate in this copper kettle.
Waiting for the tour to start
We went right before Easter and these bunnies were 3 feet tall and solid chocolate. They went for $600 dollars! She said a lot of corporate people bought them for the company or private events.
Bissinger's also offers tours!
1. We are an FDA registered manufacturing facility - we ask that you wear closed toe shoes
2. We will provide you a "TOUR HAT" that is required to be worn at all times during the tour
3. If you have ANY food or nut allergy - please let us know, as we are taking you directly on the factory floor
4. You MUST stay behind the yellow ropes during the tour
5. ALL tours are accompanied by a tour guide
6. Tours last between 15-20 minutes
7. After your tour - you are welcome to purchase tickets to our TASTING ROOM and shop our retail store
8. We welcome Walk-In's - but it is always best to call ahead of time to check the schedule and book a reservation
9. Groups 6 or more MUST book a reservation - or we may not be able to fit you on our schedule